Minimum requirements: Master’s Degree in Counseling, or a related field from an accredited college or university. Certification by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction is required.
Preferred requirements: Master’s Degree in School Counseling from an accredited college or university AND a North Carolina School Counselor designation (which includes successfully passing the 5421 Professional School Counselor Praxis Exam). In addition, a minimum of five years successful teaching or school counseling experience is preferred.
- Be knowledgeable about and follow ASCA School Counselor Professional Standards and Competencies and North Carolina Professional School Counseling Standards.
- Develop and implement a Pre-K – 8th grade school guidance curriculum in line with American School Counselor Association Standards.
- Provide individual, small group, and/or classroom, guidance and school-wide interventions, as well as consultation and collaboration with school staff and parents.
- Provide crisis support, management, and consultation as needed.
- Demonstrate professional instructional techniques and classroom management.
- Provide career guidance and counseling to students, primarily in the middle school, as needed.
- Maintain professional documentation of student, parent, and teacher contract, meetings, and referrals.
- Consult with the administration, teachers, and families about specific student learning or behavior concerns, and develop action plans to support student remediation as needed.
- Work with teachers on student interventions and implementation of intervention plans/programs.
- Participate in the facilitation of standardized testing and data analysis in collaboration with the administration, Learning Support Specialists, and teachers.
- Assist with student scheduling and class placement, including Kindergarten readiness assessments.
- Participate on the Student Assistance Team including observing students in the classroom and while working with Learning Support Specialists.
- Assist the administration with leadership tasks.
- Assist with student management and discipline aspects in coordination with the administration.
- Engage in miscellaneous administrative, social responsibility, and school duties as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Qualified and interested candidates should send an electronic letter of interest with resume attached to Mr. Chris Kloesz, Principal, at email@example.com.