Tradition of Excellence
St. Pius X has a rich history of academic excellence and tradition, with a curriculum that has been thoughtfully engineered to empower and stimulate young minds as they develop in a warm, creative environment.
Areas of Study
All students receive instruction in Religious Education, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, English and Language Arts, Physical Education, Art, Spanish, Technology, Music, and Library/Information and Research.
The school year is divided into three trimesters with mid-trimester and end of trimester reporting periods.
The school day is from 8:10 a.m. until 3:10 p.m. An Extended Day Program is offered to Pre-K through 8th-grade students before and after school.
Saint Pius X Catholic School is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS-CASI), an accreditation division of AdvancED. The Diocese of Charlotte is the governing authority.
- Girls: 221
- Boys: 234
- Total Enrolled: 455
- Catholic: 78%
- Other Faiths: 22%
Student to Teacher Ratio
- 8:1 (PK and K)
- 9:1 (1-8)
HOT LUNCH PROGRAM
St. Pius partners with local restaurants to offer students the opportunity to purchase lunch. We focus our lunch selections to healthy and delicious choices for children. Parents are able to order lunch for their child online, and the school cafeteria is staffed by parent volunteers.
Each child is unique, and no two children learn in the same way. St. Pius X has an Academic Enrichment Program available for students with identified learning differences.
Our Academic Enrichment program comprises two teachers and one instructional assistant who assist students in elementary and middle grades. Academic Enrichment educators work with students and parents to create Student Accommodation Plans (SAP) for students who have learning disorders or other medical or physiological needs. Once an SAP is created for a child, they may receive services in the form of test and assignment modification, one-on-one work with an Academic Enrichment teacher in our dedicated Academic Enrichment Center, or preferential seating in class.
We want your child to love learning. Please do not hesitate to reach out to discuss your child's specific needs and how we can best support and challenge your child at his/her individual level.
- Weekly Mass and Prayer Services (K-8)
- Prayer Buddies
- Fall Back-to-School Festival
- Book Fair
- Pumpkin Festival and Halloween Parade
- Middle School Nights Out
- PTO “Catch a Comet” Fun Run
- Veterans Day Mass and Reception
- St. Nicholas Day Celebration
- Christmas Program (PK-8) and Living Nativity
- Biennial Gala and Auction
- Catholic Schools Week Celebration
- 2nd Grade First Reconciliation and First Communion
- Mardi Gras Parade and Celebration
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
- Stations of the Cross
- 6th Grade Trip to Sound to Sea
- 7th Grade Trip to Green River Preserve
- 8th Grade Trip to Williamsburg
- Middle School and Elementary Musicals
- 4th Grade NC Festival and a trip to Raleigh
- Music and Arts Showcase night
- Band and Choir Competition at Carowinds
- May Crowning Mass
- Grandparents/Special Persons Day
- Living Rosary
- Field Day (PK-5)
- 8th Grade Confirmation
- 8th Grade Graduation Mass and Celebration