Affording St. Pius X Catholic School
The choice of a private school education is a thoughtful family decision. We understand that your child's education is the best investment you will make in their well-being and future success. We know that enrolling your child in a private school requires a significant financial investment and sacrifices for many families. As a school, we are committed to keeping tuition as affordable as possible for all of our families. Our goal is to provide a Catholic education for anyone who seeks it.
Two types of financial assistance are available for St. Pius X Catholic School tuition: Education Grants through the State of North Carolina and the Tuition Assistance Program through SPX School. We encourage families to apply for both.
North Carolina Education Grants
St. Pius X Catholic School is a direct payment school for the North Carolina Opportunity Scholarship and the Education Student Accounts (ESA+) Program. Please click on either of these programs in bold to be taken to the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority website. Applications for the 2024-2025 school year open on February 1, 2024; the priority consideration deadline is March 1, 2024.
Changes in the NC Opportunity Scholarship for 2024-2025
- All North Carolina families are eligible to apply, regardless of income.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a sliding scale from approx. $3,000 to $7,000, depending on a family's income.
- Students are no longer required to have attended a public school.
Tuition Assistance Program
Any student seeking financial assistance must (1) apply to and be accepted by St. Pius X Catholic School and (2) apply for the North Carolina Opportunity Scholarship. Families applying for financial assistance will need to complete an application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment. Once an online application has been completed, the following required supporting documentation will need to be sent to FACTS to complete the application process.
Required Supporting Documentation
- Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules.
- Copies of your W-2 forms for both you and your spouse.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF.
- All supporting documentation can be uploaded in pdf format online.
Documentation can also be faxed to 866-315-9264 or mailed to the address below.
Please be sure to include the applicant ID on all faxed or mailed correspondence.
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
P.O. Box 82524
Lincoln, NE 68501-2524
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 866-441-4637.