St. Pius X Catholic School welcomes applications from students with a wide variety of passions, personal backgrounds, and unique perspectives.
WELCOMING NEW STUDENTS!
applications for the 2024-2025 school year will open February 1, 2024
- Priority application for siblings of currently enrolled students will begin January 2, 2024.
- We are still open for mid-year enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year for grades that have open seats.
- All students applying for pre-Kindergarten must be 3½ years old prior to August 31.
- All students applying for Kindergarten must be 5 years old prior to August 31 per North Carolina State law.
- Applications will be accepted starting February 1 for students who do not have a sibling already enrolled at our school. Siblings of students currently enrolled at our school are given first priority.
- We have a rolling admissions policy; however, students who apply after a class is filled will be placed on a waiting list.
- The state of North Carolina begins accepting applications for the Opportunity Scholarship and the Educational Student Accounts program on February 1 (see Affordability for more information).
- Visit St. Pius X Catholic School for a tour if you have not already done so.
- Complete our online application. The following documents (click for pdf) are required:
- Birth certificate (Pre-K and K only)
- Most recent progress report/report card (grades 1-8; K if applicable)
- Final report card from the previous school year (grades 1-8)
- Standardized test results (grades 1-8, as applicable)
- Most recent IEP/504, if applicable
- Most recent ed/psych or neuropsychological assessment, if applicable
- Nonrefundable application and assessment fee of $225
- You will be contacted by the Admissions Office within 2 weeks of receiving your application to schedule a new student assessment for your student. This is conducted by St. Pius X Catholic School and is required of all new students to determine their readiness for the grade to which they are applying and to help us determine whether we are able to support their strengths and needs. You will receive the results of the assessment.
- Once we receive a teacher/caregiver's evaluation and all applicable academic documents pertaining to the student, our Admissions Committee will meet to review the student's application packet and his/her placement test results. The committee will determine whether St. Pius X Catholic School is a good fit for the student.
- You will be notified of the committee's decision by the Admissions Director.
- If your child is offered enrollment, you will be invited to complete an online enrollment packet. Documents needed before your student may start school:
- Birth certificate (if not already submitted)
- List of immunizations (click here for immunizations required by the Charlotte Diocese and the State of North Carolina)
- Physical form completed by your student's physician within the past year
- Baptismal and sacramental certificates (if Catholic)
- Completed Parish Stewardship Participation form signed by your pastor (required by St. Pius X Catholic Church in order to qualify for the participating Catholic rate of tuition)
- Child Custody Documents, if applicable